You must have heard the phrase, “When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do”. It means when you go to the USA from China, you will have to do as Americans do and vice-versa.
Similarly, you will have to wear shoes as Americans wear (according to their size standards). But the problem is you don’t know Chinese shoe size conversion and how US shoe sizes differ from Chinese.
Similarly, you will have to wear shoes as Americans wear (according to their size standards). But the problem is you don’t know how US shoe sizes differ from Chinese.
You know, China uses its own unique shoe sizing measurement system which is different from American and European shoe sizing systems. But fear not guys, I am here to keep it simple and clear.
You just need an international shoe size conversion chart in order to convert your Chinese Shoe Size to US, UK & EU. And then you can easily get the size you want irrespective of gender.
In this blog post, I will provide you with a handy Chinese shoe size to US shoe size conversion chart for men, women & kids. One of the best things about the shoe conversion chart is that you don’t need to be a footwear expert to understand the US shoe size to China. Yes! It’s so simple.
Before we start checking CN to US shoe size charts, let’s know how you can measure your feet at home.
How to Measure Your Feet to Choose China Shoe Size?
Do you know that knowing your foot size is very important while online shoe shopping, otherwise, you may end up buying the wrong size of shoes. Isn’t it?
5 years ago when I was a college student I used to buy lots of fashion stuff online. I also ordered 5 to 10 wrong pairs of shoes because I was not aware of my foot size. They are still in my wardrobe because some of them are too big and some of them are too small for my feet.
That is why I have prepared an easy guide to measuring your foot at home that will assist you in your footwear-buying journey.
Please keep in mind that different brands and manufacturers’ shoe conversion charts may vary slightly. So, I highly recommend measuring your feet in both inches and centimeters and comparing your measurements with each brand that you intend to buy.
Follow this simple guide to measure your foot size at home for buying shoes online:
- You will need a ruler, a pen, a piece of paper (larger than your foot), and a tape measure.
- Now, sit comfortably down and place one foot on the paper. Make sure that your heel is against a wall.
- Then, carefully trace the outline of your foot and ensure the pen is upright to get the most accurate outline.
- After tracing your foot, use the measuring tape to measure the tip of the longest toe to the back of the heel.
- Record your foot measurements in both inches and centimeters.
- Find an online size chart for the brand you’re buying from, and match your measurements to the nearest size. You can refer to the given size chart.
Note: If your foot measurement comes in between sizes, then it is recommended to go with the larger one.
China Shoe Sizes vs. US Shoe Sizes: All You Need to Know
If you are confused between Chinese and US shoe sizing patterns, understanding the difference between Chinese and US shoe sizes is essential.
First of all, you should know that China shoe sizes are not identical to American sizes, making their shoe size charts different. But when it comes to comparing China’s shoe sizes to US shoe sizes, it’s important to note that there are some size differences between both countries.
"China uses a different shoe measurement system than the United States"
China Shoe Sizes: In China, shoe sizes are measured in millimeters (mm). For example, a foot size of 220 mm in China is equivalent to a US size of 5 and a UK size of 4.5 for men.
US Shoe Sizes: In the United States, foot length is usually measured in Inches or centimeters. For instance, a US size of 7.5 would be equal to a China size of 254 mm.
So, if you want to find your equivalent Chinese shoe size, first measure your foot size in Centimeters or Inches by following the above steps then use our handy shoe size conversion charts for men, women & kids (given below).
Universal CN Shoe Size to US
Here is the Universal and international shoe conversion chart converting CN to US shoe size for men and women. When you compare your foot size with the given size chart, you will find the perfect fit for your feet.
|US Men’s Shoe Size||CN Men’s Shoe Size||US Women’s Shoe Size||CN Women’s Shoe Size|
Chinese Shoe Size to US Men’s
|US Shoe Size||China Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||Foot Length|
|6||38||5.5||24.1 cm||9 1/2|
|6.5||39||6||24.6 cm||9 2/3|
|7||40||6.5||25.0 cm||9 5/6|
|8||41||7.5||25.8 cm||10 1/6|
|8.5||42||8||26.2 cm||10 1/3|
|9||43||8.5||26.7 cm||10 1/2|
|9.5||43.5||9||27.1 cm||10 2/3|
|10||44||9.5||27.5 cm||10 5/6|
|11||45||10.5||28.4 cm||11 1/6|
|11.5||46||11||28.8 cm||11 1/3|
|12||47||11.5||29.2 cm||11 1/2|
|12.5||47.5||12||29.6 cm||11 2/3|
|13||48||12.5||30.1 cm||11 5/6|
Chinese Shoe Size to US Women’s
|US Shoe Size||China Shoe Size||UK Shoe Size||Foot Length|
|5||35.5||4.5||22.0 cm||8 2/3|
|5.5||36||5||22.4 cm||8 5/6|
|6.5||37||6||23.3 cm||9 1/6|
|7||38||6.5||23.7 cm||9 1/3|
|7.5||38.5||7||24.1 cm||9 1/2|
|8||39||7.5||24.6 cm||9 2/3|
|8.5||40||8||25.0 cm||9 5/6|
|9.5||41||9||25.8 cm||10 1/6|
|10||42||9.5||26.2 cm||10 1/3|
|10.5||42.5||10||26.7 cm||10 1/2|
|11||43||10.5||27.1 cm||10 2/3|
|11.5||44||11||27.5 cm||10 5/6|
Men’s US shoe size to China
Women’s US shoe size to China
Related: US shoe size to EU conversion chart
China Shoe Size to US Kids
You should not buy shoes for your kids before consulting Kid’s China to US shoe size conversion chart. This chart will help you to find the correct Chinese shoe size for your little ones. Before you check the given size chart make sure to get the foot measurement of your kid first (here is the process).
|Chinese Shoe Size||US Shoe Size||Foot Length|
5 Important Tips to Consider While Buying Chinese Shoe Size
- Measure your feet regularly: Grown-ups should always measure their feet once in six months to ensure the correct fit. When it comes to kids, parents should measure their feet at regular intervals to ensure they are wearing perfectly fitting shoes.
- Wear socks while measuring: I personally recommend this to wear socks while measuring foot size. This is because we don’t wear shoes barefoot like slippers or sandals. Generally speaking, socks may affect our actual foot size.
- Don’t measure your feet in the morning: Because our feet expand during the day, you should never measure your feet in the morning. The best time would be in the evening around 4 to 6 PM.
- Check for return policy: Make sure you check the return policy of the manufacturers. So that if you get the wrong fitting then you can return and ask for the perfect size.
- Compare your size with shoe conversion charts: Shoe conversion charts are essential when converting China shoe size to US size charts. Here you will find CN shoe size to US for men, women, and kids but along with that check the size chart provided by the shoe manufacturers.
Make sure you check this article on Chinese to US shoe size before you buy shoes from China whether offline or online. Remember that Chinese shoe sizes may vary from other countries’ shoe sizes because of its unique measurement system.
If you frequently go abroad and buy shoes there then you must check out these conversion charts:
- US Shoe Size Chart to the Philippines
- US to India Shoe Conversion Chart
- US to UK Shoe Size Conversion Chart
- UK Shoe Size to India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Are Chinese and American shoe sizes the same?
No, Chinese and American shoe sizes are not similar to each other. This is because both countries have their unique shoe sizing system. Know more about China vs US shoe sizing.
Q2. Are men and women shoe sizes the same in Chinese Shoe Sizes?
No, China does not have a unisex sizing system. In China, both men and women have distinct shoe-sizing charts and have separate measurements and scales which ensure the proper fit.
Q3. What does CN stand for in shoe sizes?
“CN” is used as an abbreviation to indicate that the shoe size is based on the Chinese sizing system. When you see a shoe size labeled as “CN”, it means that the size is following the sizing standards used in China.
Q4. China 37 shoe size to US
The Chinese 37-shoe size will be equivalent to 5.5 for US men and 6.5 for US women. See this conversion chart for more info.
Q5. China shoe size 41 to US
A China shoe size 41 corresponds to a US men’s shoe size 8 and a US women’s shoe size 9.5. If you are buying shoes internationally then you should know how to convert one country’s shoe size to another.
Q6. China shoe size 44 in US
What is China shoe size 44 in US? A China shoe size 44 would be equal to a US men’s size 10 and a US women’s size 11.5.